Wednesday, April 08, 2009

REMEMBERING MOM
Christie Evelyn & Elaina Evelyn and Kelly Marie & Avery Evelyn. All four girls are named after my mom, Evelyn Marie Kalenberg Finken, who passed away ten years ago. Mom was a wonderful woman who never stopped encouraging others. She always had a smile and encouraging word for you. She never came over empty handed! Always a jar of jam or even a roll of paper towels. She called it her "love gifts" She left us with a legancy of love, and it is my dream for that legacy to live on in my children and for generations to come. Love is so powerful. It can turn the worst circumstances around. It never fails!! Love endures forever. The love my mom shared with all of us lives on, and now, in her two adorable great grand daughters. When there are such important events in my life, like David & Missy getting married or Avery and Elaina being born, I miss mom. I wish I could share these wonderful moments with her. She would be so proud and happy. But I try really hard to live on the way she would want me to....enjoying my life and my wonderful family, appreciating all that I have. I want to be a giving person like Mom was. Even though she lived through hard times and tragedy, she was a very happy person. I think that is one of the secrets to happiness....giving. As I feel myself being spread very thin in being a wife, mother, grand-mother, care giver and puppy raiser....I find my happiest times are when I am giving. As Easter Sunday approaches, I think of God our Father, and how he gave his son Jesus Christ, to save us. That is true giving!! Love unconditional.