Monday, August 18, 2008


DANIEL IS LEAVING

This is Diesel and Babe, Daniel's Belgian horses. They are leaving tomorrow, because Daniel is going to Minnesota State University, Mankato on Wednesday, and won't be able to work with them when he is in college. This is very emotional for me! Not only because Daniel is leaving, but all the changes that take place when one of your kids leave home. Daniel is our fourth child to go off to college, so it is not new for me, but I still get so sad when the kids leave. Two years before Daniel was born, I was in a tragic car accident and our 18 day old son was killed, along with my 16 year old cousin and the 16 year old driver of the other car. So many young lives taken. I broke my neck, pelvis and leg, but mostly it was my heart that was broken. After my body healed, I ached to hold a baby in my arms again, and when Daniel was born, the Lord replaced all the sorrow with joy and happiness. Daniel was my gift. He has been a blessing since the day he was born, and continues to bring so much joy into our lives. He has always honored us, and been so easy and fun to get along with. It has been such a pleasure to guide him and teach him, and now it is time to let go. I know the Lord has good things in store for Daniel, and I trust Him. My favorite scripture is Proverbs 3:5,
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, acknowledge him in all your ways and he will direct your path.
I believe He will direct Daniels path! As for me, I will cling to that same scripture, and continue to trust! I am blessed with one of the best jobs in the world, and I want to thank all of you who have been a part of it! There is a lot of work and commitment to being a good breeder, but so rewarding on that grand day when you hand a little ball of love and fur over to a new family! It is great, and that is what I focus on, not the departing of my sweet son and his two gorgeous horses, but the birth and life of all these pups! Life is good.