Tuesday, October 09, 2007

BACK FROM COLORADO


Russ and Daniel are finally home from their Elk hunting trip to Colorado. They were gone for 10 days, which seemed like eternity to me. They had a wonderful time, but did not come home with any Elk meat. On the last day they decided to put on war paint, as you can see in this photo. While they were gone I felt like I was trying to live without my right arm. I could do it, but I hated it. I can't imagine living without Russ. He is my true soul mate. We have been married for almost 30 years. It has not always been easy, and we have made some mistakes, but I have never felt closer to anyone than I do to him. He is the one I want to share my deepest secrets with. Though we have lived through some tragedies, there are far more triumphs. We have learned to be 100% honest 100% of the time. Transparent with one another. I think all of us long for a peace in our heart. A place where we are content, not longing or wanting for anything. I am at that place. I am so thankful for Russ, and the man he has become. When we got married, we were both very young, and had a lot of selfishness and immaturity. It amazes me to look back and see all that we have gone through, and how God truly has had His hand on our lives. We feel so fortunate to have been able to raise our six children, to the best of our ability, in a loving home. Now we have a business where we can bless others with a sweet Golden Retriever. Sometimes when I am laying down in the midst of 10 or 12 puppies, and they are all so happy and loving, I think I am the luckiest person on earth. I have everything I ever dreamed of. A husband who completes me, makes me a better person...loves me through the good and bad, six wonderful children, two perfect sons-in-law, two healthy, beautiful grandsons, and a farm that still makes my heart skip a beat as I drive up the drive-way, knowing this is where I live. It is the perfect place to raise a family and the sweetest dogs on earth. Today, I feel like it couldn't get any better. It is truly a good life.